A vacuum sealer is a tool to help you preserve food longer. Vacuumed foods may be stored for longer periods than food exposed to air. Furthermore, when removed from the atmosphere, these foods also taste fresher than those preserved in the usual way.
Moreover, the use of vacuum sealers also helps reduce food waste such as plastic bags. Besides, in addition to food, you can also store other objects in vacuum sealers. In this article, we will show you what can be stored in vacuum sealers.
How to Vacuum Seal
A vacuum seal will function to remove air from the food bag, to help food not being spoiled by air. After putting the food in a storage bag, you push all the air out and then use a seal bar to prevent air from getting into the bag.
Items that you can store in vacuum sealers
- Books: Old books always have yellowed paper. Yellow is the effect of air on the paper surface. Therefore, to avoid yellowing or absorbing paper, you can store books and paper in vacuum sealers.
- Bugout Bag: When packing items and items in a bug out bag, you can use vacuum sealers to pack small items such as underwear, socks, medicine, toothbrushes, etc. When you sell these items in different bags, you will be easy to sort and find items when used. Moreover, if your bag, unfortunately, gets wet due to the rain, items that are vacuumed will not be soaked.
- Cabin items: Cabin items are susceptible to dust and moisture, so to store these items, use vacuum sealers to remove air and keep things from being destroyed. by air. Cabin items are paper, matches, dry goods, toiletries, and emergency kits.
- Small items in the car: When storing in-car use items such as napkins, towels, or even documents related to your vehicle, you should also seal those items. This helps keep objects free of dust and bacteria.
- Mobile phones: When you go to the beach, go swimming or boating, you should seal your cell phone or watch so that the items will not be waterlogged leading to damage. One note is that you should leave some air in the bag because if you accidentally drop the bag into the water, it will float to the surface of the water.
- Coffee beans: The freshness of coffee beans is an important factor to make the coffee more aromatic and richer. Therefore, preserving coffee beans is very important. Normally, people only use zip bags to store coffee. However, there is still a lot of air in that bag, so the beans can still be negatively impacted. The solution is to use vacuum sealers to completely remove the air between the beans. This will help preserve the quality of the beans.
- Metal objects: Metal objects such as coins and jewelry are often tarnished by the negative effects of air and moisture. The correct way to preserve it is by vacuuming the objects to prevent the negative effects of air.
- Spices: Dried spices like chili powder, dried dill, rosemary or turmeric powder, etc. are spices that have a fragrance or color, so you should preserve them using vacuum sealers. The aroma of these spices will be completely unchanged by the atmosphere.
- Dry goods: People often vacuum only seal fresh foods like meat and fish, forgetting that dry foods need to be preserved as well. Dried foods such as rice or oats should be sealed with vacuum sealers to maintain food dryness. If these dry foods are exposed to air for a long time, they will become moldy due to the moisture in the air.
- Tea: Similar to coffee beans, you should vacuum seal the tea bag and then store it in the refrigerator to keep the tea longer and not discolored.
- Wine: In fact, alcohol can also be preserved by vacuum sealing. You only need to use a sealing attachment to seal and then store the wine in the fridge.
- Seeds: If you want to keep the seed dry and use for many years, use vacuum sealers to store the seed. Before vacuum sealing, seeds must be completely dried by a dryer or sunshine.
- Photograph: This is a common thing because vacuum sealing is considered to be the only way to keep photos from smudging or fading after printing.
We hope we helped you know more about the items you don’t know you can vacuum seal. You should take advantage of the vacuum sealer to store your items, keep them dry and ready to use. If you have any questions regarding the vacuum sealer, please let us know in the comment section.